25 January 2006

The Web
Business Today

Three bidders for Mater Dei tender

Major international companies IBM and Siemens, initially forming part of the six consortia short-listed by government for the Mater Dei IT tender failed to place their bid when the offer closed last week.
The lucrative tender now sees three bidders in the running; Intracom, AME and I-soft.
IBM, Siemens and Atos Origin, the other three companies short-listed by government failed to submit bids by Tuesday 17 January, with IBM and Siemens probably shunning the Malta investment because of commitments elsewhere.
Intracom is a Greek company, which already has a connection with Malta since its subsidiary Intralot is the majority shareholder in Maltco Lotteries, the company formed after government privatised the Lotto Department.
AME is an Austrian-led consortium which also includes Inso, the Italian company that won the contract for the supply of the new hospital’s medical equipment and Maltese company Intercomp.
The third company in the running for the IT tender is UK-based I-soft.
Both Intracom and AME are utilising Oracle as their solution provider while I-soft is using Microsoft.
Government will now evaluate the three bids before making its final selection. Mater Dei is scheduled for completion by 1 July 2007 and the IT infrastructure is expected to be implemented over a seven year span in a staggered approach.

Business Today is published weekly on Wednesdays.
Website is updated weekly on Thursdays
Copyright © MediaToday., Malta
Editor: Kurt Sansone
Business Today, MediaToday, Vjal ir-Rihan, San Gwann
Tel: (356) 2138 2741 | Fax: (356) 2138 5075 | E-mail