MediaToday
News | Wednesday, 04 March 2009

Hospitality Director appointed at AX Holdings

Claire Zammit Xuereb has been appointed Hospitality Director at AX Holdings. In her new role Ms Zammit Xuereb will be overseeing the hospitality division of the group including the management of the four hotels namely The Palace, The Victoria, The Suncrest and Sunny Coast hotels and their respective catering establishments, together with the Tal-Kaptan restaurants and Bar V5 at The Valletta Waterfront. The appointment forms part of an organisational restructuring of the Group’s hospitality division which will see the hotels forming part of one unit in an effort to take advantage of economies scale.
Speaking about her appointment Ms Zammit Xuereb said: “I am delighted to have been offered this challenging role within the Group. Although the current market scenario is extremely challenging, I will be concentrating all my efforts to ensure that the hotels within the group will continue to increase market share and consolidate on what we have built to date. Given my experience in managing The Palace and The Victoria hotels, I will be giving priority to customer service thereby ensuring repeat business. Another priority area is business development. Given the great potential that Malta has to offer, I firmly believe that we can create niche markets for the tourism industry which can be extremely profitable for the group’s hotels and the country in general.”
Whilst congratulating Ms Zammit Xuereb, AX Holdings Chairman, Angelo Xuereb said that “Claire’s appointment as hospitality director is well deserved following her successful career as general manager of The Victoria and The Palace hotels. Throughout her term Claire was responsible for the refurbishment of The Victoria Hotel and the restructuring process, which led to putting an end to the extension of the Victoria and creating a completely new investment, namely The Palace hotel which is the latest 5 star hotel to be inaugurated in Malta. In both projects she has excelled and today we are reaping the rewards of her hard work. Claire is an asset to the Group and her contribution will help to strengthen the hospitality sector.”
Although young in age, Claire’s experience in the industry from a young age and her determination to succeed in the tourism and hospitality sector has led her to where she is today, including her latest appointment as vice-president of the MHRA. Claire’s experience in the trade is coupled with her strong academic background. Claire is a graduate from the prestigious Centre International de Glion in Switzerland with a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management. She attended the Centre International de Glion after successfully reading for a Bachelor of Science (Hons) in International Hospitality Management from the University of Wales.
Ms Zammit Xuereb has also worked with Celebrity Cruise Royal Caribbean International in Miami USA and The MayFair InterContinental Hotel in London.
Prior to her appointment as Hospitality Director, Ms Zammit Xuereb was General Manager of The Palace and Victoria Hotels. Ms Zammit Xuereb has also worked in all departments within the AX Group hospitality division. Throughout her career at AX Holdings, she has developed a great passion towards strategic sales and marketing and prefers to be at the helm of things and situations in order to be in a capacity to direct operations accordingly. Her love towards people development has certainly played an important part in her past successes. In fact Claire’s maxim is “it is her people’s success that makes her successful”.

PRINT THIS ARTICLE

Other News

Impending rate cut paves way for €95m stock issue

GO and Bell Net in possible merger

GWU Economic stimulus package presented to MCESD

Hospitality Director appointed at AX Holdings

New CEO for Malta Maritime Authority

Salvo Grima (Freeport Operations) Ltd. appointed Logistics Partner for JAG flocomponents

ECB expected to lower interest rates to an all-time low of 1.5 per cent

Economists clash over EC assessment of Malta stability programme

Customer Recession Management: Sell Smart not Hard

Commission gets rid of accounting requirements for micros

Mark Lamb - In God we trust

04 March 2009
ISSUE NO. 572

Collaborating partners:

www.german-maltese.com

Malta Today

illum

Copyright © MediaToday Co. Ltd, Vjal ir-Rihan, San Gwann SGN 07, Malta, Europe Tel. ++356 21382741, Fax: ++356 21385075
Managing Editor: Saviour Balzan